When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What defines a No-Nose?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Why are they called No-Nose?

I answered this in post #2 of this thread (see pics). The reason is because the tank does not extend beyond the head tube as on the Speedline or Arrow that have the headlight in the 'nose' of the tank. V/r Shawn

I assume this bike is not a no-nose because the fender braces are wrong.

tapatalk_1371996647691-1.jpg

Is there anything else that indicates it's not? The tank is right for a no-nose isn't it? All the no-nose tanks extend past the seat post, right?

Thats not even a Shelby for one .....

Is there anything else that indicates it's not? The tank is right for a no-nose isn't it? All the no-nose tanks extend past the seat post, right?

At first glance the fenders are not Shelby ... at second glance the whole bike is not a Shelby .... The fork is not ... the frame should split up top before the seat tube ... the tank is not either ... chain ring could be ...

Last edited:

Is there anything else that indicates it's not? The tank is right for a no-nose isn't it? All the no-nose tanks extend past the seat post, right?[/QUOTE

At first glance the fenders are not Shelby ... at second glance the whole bike is not a Shelby .... The fork is not ... the frame should split up top before the seat tube ... the tank is not either ... chain ring could be ...

actually this one is a Shelby, just not a prewar one. being the Huffman guy you see these impostor Huffys every once in a while. I believe they were made in the late '40's. you are right about the fork, but if you look it's a different color anyway so not original to this bike.

Is there anything else that indicates it's not?

Everything indicates it's not... Different frame, fork, tank, fenders.. I'm no expert, but that appears to be D.P. Harris - at least the fork and truss rods are.

Check out the pic of Shawn's No-Nose again...

Last edited:
this is getting over complicated. no-nose is a term for the Airflow tank without the nose. nothing to do with any other variation of Shelby tank, just the big Airflow tank, you know the big one that stays the same height all the way back with the insert in it. the green bike tapers at the rear of the tank and so isn't a no-nose at all.

Back