When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did this saddle start life on? Sure looks different than most seats...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

TrustRust

Finally riding a big boys bike
Any idea on maker or what this saddle started life on?
Leather appears newer and has no markings.
Sure looks different than most seats i've had over the last 50 years....
THANKS..

I was watching a Mecom Auction and they were selling a teens motorcycle, maybe Flying Merkel or Henderson that had a passenger seat that was in front of the drivers seat. Looks similar, I'm not an expert, just saying.

My first thoughts considering it has that flat mounting bracket on the bottom was that it was maybe designed to go on a rear rack as a passenger seat of sorts on pre 10 pedal era motorcycles.. It's smaller than most pedal era motorcycle saddles other than the early birds...
It was found with other early motorcycle parts sooooo the plot thickens..

The first seat has a similar Y shaped base and some of the same elements of the seat you have. It is a Brooks from an early Singer Hard Tire Safety. You do no have some of the components to have a complete seat. The second is also a Brooks the leather is marked B84 and is also from an early Singer.

IMG_0892.JPG

IMG_0893.JPG

IMG_0894.JPG

Back