When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I have here? Truss frame Miami built Flying Merkel?

-
I tried removing the head badge, but the screws don't want to come out. The badge look original, and I don't think it was ever removed.

20191013_110153.jpg

20191013_110200.jpg

Can somebody narrow down the year? Miami went out of business in 1922? It's got metal clad wheels with ND model C rear hub. No chain adjuster screws, double fender braces on the front fender.

Can somebody narrow down the year? Miami went out of business in 1922? It's got metal clad wheels with ND model C rear hub. No chain adjuster screws, double fender braces on the front fender.
I'm thinking 1917 - 1919, that frame style changed in the later years. Your bike may be a private label Miami supplied to Simmons. But this is just my opinion as I'm still soaking up Miami knowledge. I think some of your parts have been added at some point in this bikes life as those parts wore out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back