When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do I have? (Pic Heavy)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ballooney

I live for the CABE
I'm looking for some help on this frame. I'm not sure what I have. I thought Iver because there are 3 holes in the head tube that look to be in the shape of Iver badges I've seen. There is also a slit in the down tube where it meets the bottom bracket...did the previous 'restorer' grind on the weld too much before powder coating? Any help would be appreciated...make, model, year? I exposed the serial # on the bottom bracket as well. Wheelset has an Atherton rear hub but can't make out the patent date. Thanks for your help.
IMG_5725.JPG
IMG_5726.JPG
IMG_5727.JPG
IMG_5728.JPG
IMG_5730.JPG
IMG_5731.JPG
IMG_5733.JPG
IMG_5734.JPG
IMG_5735.JPG
IMG_5736.JPG
IMG_5737.JPG
IMG_5738.JPG
IMG_5739.JPG
IMG_5740.JPG

The 6 digit serial number would fit in the Iver number scheme as 1916-1923. But in looking through the sprocket thread, it is a match to an Elgin... at least to my eyes. I suspect there are other clues in the frame construction as to what this make this is. I’ll keep digging.

Look at Excelsior bicycles.
Excelsior bikes have a clean welds and don't appear to be like this where the bottom tube meets the seat tube...
IMG_5727.JPG

Also, Excelsior forks are have multiple plates at the crown unlike these that are smooth...and same for the 1920's Elgin's.
IMG_5740.JPG

The serial number matches the Iver scheme...could this be an iver with an Elgin/Excelsior style chainring?

The badge mounting holes are odd too...it's a three hole pattern. On left side (as if riding the bike) of head tube hole is 7/8" from top of head tube, on right side 3 3/16" from top of head tube and on the center it's 4 3/8" from top of head tube.

Any help identifying this frame is appreciated. Thanks.

Definitely not Iver. Iver motos don't have the middle bar joint like that and the serial would have been at the top right of the seat tube. Dropouts out back and fork are also wrong for Iver.

Seeing the frame on the big screen (formerly looked at it on my phone) I see that the joint isn't as I previously thought.

Redwing had a badge that was a v-shape, but a consideration at this point--your bike could have been fit with whatever badge the previous owner felt like.

Last edited:
Back