When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do we have here?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
All the bikes below are Roadsters

018.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG
2c717ad11f9ecbc4ee85822c572e4817-1.jpg
Roadmaster Double Bar Roadster.jpg

Last edited:
This is the bike we own serial number D34479. It is badged a Roadmaster and is definitely prewar CWC. Yes, the wrong fender is on the front, but we have the correct one coming with the flat braces. The 3 stepped front rim is original, and the rear is not as far as we know. It was badly repainted. If this is not a Roadmaster Roadster, then what is it? It does look like the 1939 model 0226-S. Is that what you think it is? We were told it was a Roadster when I asked here before we bought it. I did find this model in the catalog. CWCMan, do you think we have this model here?:

20170810_192405.jpg

20171014_183337.jpg

20171014_183313.jpg

Oh, and there are wrong size tires on this bike in the picture. They are not 2.125 here.

TieDye,
I think I already told you what model is it on post #5. I also included pictures of my bikes as reference of what yours should look like.

You have a hang tank frame (missing the tank and a few other parts of course). Your bike is not a roadster. The roadsters top and lower bars are closer together as in the pictures that I provided and the catalog pictures that you posted as well.

As I mentioned before, this model bicycle does not appear on any catalog that I am aware of. I am not sure why that is.

CWC also built this same style bike for Montgomery Wards which is known as the Hawthorne Comet. This bike is offered in their catalog but not Roadmaster.

Chain guard, tires, stem, seat and as you mentioned, front fender are not original to the bike. I bet that the rear wheel is the original one and not the triple step front.

Strut holder? not sure what you are referring to but what you have looks correct to me. It's hard to tell from the picture but the bars may be correct ?

This model bicycle is pretty rare in terms of number. The tank will be the hardest part to locate.

I've owned three of this same model bike. My current is badged Elite, the cream/blue is badged Roadmaster and the other was badged SPEED.

All the others that I am aware of are badged differently, Cadillac, Aero Flyer ETC. I have not seen many that were badged as Roadmaster.

I've owned my blue/red bike for over 30 years. Many bikes have come and gone but this one will remain in my collection.

These prewar CWC bikes just float my boat. A few more examples below. I'll have to dig for the other pics.

Good luck with your bike.
001 (10).JPG
008 (7).JPG
015 (3).JPG
1930's CWC hang tank #3.JPG
CWC Aero Flyer 01.JPG
2702698.jpg

It's also possible that your bike is a tank less model ?

Your bike looks like a re paint so I'm not sure??
Below is the wards Hawthorne offering of this same frame made by CWC.
3236974761_30e758f3be_b[1].jpg
P1050119.JPG

TieDye,
Since you are missing a few parts, you can build this bike as model 226S or deluxe it up with the other parts. That is the rout I'd go.

Although it's the same frame. Your bike is not a Hawthorne Comet. The Hawthorne's have a few different parts that are not like the Roadmaster. I just included it for reference.

Neat little bike for sure.

TieDye,
I think I already told you what model is it on post #5. I also included pictures of my bikes as reference of what yours should look like.

You have a hang tank frame (missing the tank and a few other parts of course). Your bike is not a roadster. The roadsters top and lower bars are closer together as in the pictures that I provided and the catalog pictures that you posted as well.

As I mentioned before, this model bicycle does not appear on any catalog that I am aware of. I am not sure why that is.

CWC also built this same style bike for Montgomery Wards which is known as the Hawthorne Comet. This bike is offered in their catalog but not Roadmaster.

Chain guard, tires, stem, seat and as you mentioned, front fender are not original to the bike. I bet that the rear wheel is the original one and not the triple step front.

Strut holder? not sure what you are referring to but what you have looks correct to me. It's hard to tell from the picture but the bars may be correct ?

This model bicycle is pretty rare in terms of number. The tank will be the hardest part to locate.

I've owned three of this same model bike. My current is badged Elite, the cream/blue is badged Roadmaster and the other was badged SPEED.

All the others that I am aware of are badged differently, Cadillac, Aero Flyer ETC. I have not seen many that were badged as Roadmaster.

I've owned my blue/red bike for over 30 years. Many bikes have come and gone but this one will remain in my collection.

These prewar CWC bikes just float my boat. A few more examples below. I'll have to dig for the other pics.

Good luck with your bike.
View attachment 692243 View attachment 692244 View attachment 692245 View attachment 692246 View attachment 692248 View attachment 692247
Yup, the chainguard, seat are not right. The stem we weren't sure but felt most likely it's not right. (So if someone has one, let me know) I meant truss rod holder, so I used the wrong word there, but ours doesn't have one and I think if it's a 39 that would not have one, right? My hubby will be happy to put the correct front fender on it because the one that's on it isn't right at all. He doesn't really care if he finds a tank for it. He likes how it looks without one. We got the bike cheap, and he loves his Roadmasters, so this one will be enjoyed, and that's what counts. He isn't trying to have a show bike. He has this one that I guess we will call a 1939, and a 1946-7, a 1952, and a 1953--all Roadmasters. I have a 1950-51 ladies Roadmaster too. I love it. It rides the best of all I have. Thanks for your help. I do appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back