When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you know about these Schwinn fork mount "rim brakes" I got at the swap meet ??

-
i think they made the pads for the twinns but i dont remeber the other part numbers,i think bicycle bones used to have them,but if they came with these set they are the right ones

I’ve had two sets, one NOS and they don’t really do all that much other than flex everywhere. It's like your rims are always wet. 50 year old rubber brake pads are a bad idea if you actually wanna stop. Dragging your feet stop you faster than these "brakes".

They also have a tendoncy to rotate on springer forks even with the set screw tight from my experience. They then put nice little groves on your fork. I am not a fan.

I have a set of those as well, but I am unable to use them... I am missing one long stem caliper with the pad... do you have one to sell?

part number 4433 pads
s-l1600.jpg

the more I look at these the more I see how poorly designed they were. way too much cable and housing. too much flex. :) that won't stop me from putting them on my bike.

there is a bunch on ebay right now. brake handles as well. I wouldn't pay that much for these. we'll see if anyone else will.

They actually work quite well. They're no different than any other center pull designed brake. These are cool, because they are removable.

I am looking for the piece (actually holds the pad) with the long stem that slides into the braking mechanism. Does anyone have one, or know where to find one?

Back