When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you know about these Schwinn fork mount "rim brakes" I got at the swap meet ??

-

49autocycledeluxe

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I was out at the world famous Turlock Automotive Swap Meet a few weekends ago and found these in a tub full of other bike stuff. (ignore the crank) all 3 seem to be for the springer. I am wondering if there is a different one for the tubular truss rod fork? they looked like they would fit the springer really nice. I have seen the blade fork versions.

I was wondering what years they made these brakes and am I missing anything besides the lever.. one set looks good to go and I have new pads in the box.

post pics if you have these on a bike.

IMG_6935.JPG

The springer and tubular mounts are the same.there are different mounts for the blade fork.also different pads for straight side rims and dropcenter angled rims.I have the different sets on 2 of my bikes.i think they were available from late 30's up to the 60's.
20180829_215003.jpg

20180829_214857.jpg

Last edited:
the correct pads are black and say schwinn in raised letters,they are made of a stronger rubber to work on middle weights and balloners vs the orange/red pads made for light weights

Back