When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you know about this Alfa Centauri bike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-

BreezyRider

Look Ma, No Hands!
In doing a Google or Bing search almost nothing pops up. There was one at auction in Europe several years ago. It was found in a storage unit in SW Florida. Does anyone have knowledge of this bike?
52a0c915f21e3f199c77f984d2e20733.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ALFA-Centauri was build by‚ Bauer & Papp GmbH, Friedberg‘ in 1982.
It is not known how many they build, but fortunately it was not a good seller... Which makes the bicycle rare collectors' item.
It was tested as a very comfortable ride especially recommended for people with back problems.

Yours has some similiarities to a Rabeneick I sold last year. Chain guard, Sachs 3 speed (mine had coaster brake), lighting system (I removed mine), and fenders. Could have been a bit of badge engineering between the two. The Rabeneick also had 28" (700) stainless steel wheels and fenders.

It was a great boadwalk cruiser. Comfortable and with my huge Wald newsboy basket attached, Lucky Dog and I rode many happy miles together.

There is a site that dates Sachs hubs but I don't have a link anymore but with some searching you may be able to find it.

b.jpg

Last edited:
-----

Front hub on subject bicycle is a WECO, made in Germany.

There should be a marking on the barrel.

-----

Back