When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you think about this 1920's wooden wheeled Firestone Fleetwood

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
That serial number puts it from 1937. Bikes features are also consistent with that.

I can't remember seeing a 1936 CWC Firestone. I'll have to do some digging. But I thought RMS37 posted info regarding when CWC began supplying Firestone.

Last edited:
More great knowledge from Brother Patric!
This is my badge
image.jpg

That serial number puts it from 1937. Bikes features are also consistent with that.

I can't remember seeing a 1936 CWC Firestone. I'll have to do some digging. But I thought RMS37 posted info regarding when CWC began supplying Firestone.
thanks for the info

Did some digging. In prior posts RMS37 has identified that serial number as falling somewhere around the middle of 1937.

I was also able to find other CWC Firestone bikes from 1937, but haven't found any from 1936 yet.

Last edited:
Here are close ups of the two other head badges on the CWC Firestone bikes that Phil (RMS37) identified as being from 1937.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 144
B42FD973-0A92-47A2-9412-CB7C3A8E84D2.jpeg
67278123-9435-4CA6-AF27-9BFE77167F3B.jpeg
F1EE0611-079C-4605-A61D-4512FE8B0E7A.jpeg
get ready to have your preconceived notions thrown out.
Firestone began offering bikes in 1936. Firestone didn't actually build these bikes but contracted with someone else to build them. the most common of thes makers from this era are Huffman and Colson, but there are several Cleveland Welding made Firestone Fleetwoods out there in decent original condition. a little searching of this site will find them. your bike has the wrong wheels on it. it is indeed a Firestone Fleetwood made around 1936-37 and was originally a 26" bike. it was also made by the Cleveland Welding Company for Firestone. these are semi rare and interesting bikes, though not terribly valuable.

this is not your bike, but the catalog page from the 1936 Firestone catalog. this is a Huffman bike, but yours was outfitted in similar fashion.

View attachment 596944
Picked up this frame at memory lane.very difficult to find any info on it this advertisement sure helped

Back