When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you use?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I've been using CRC Brakleen to get rid of old built up grease in bearings, etc. CRC is having problems getting a solvent they use in their Brakleen so it's backordered until ?????? What are you using for degreasing and cleaning old dirty, grimy, hardened grease from bearings, races, etc.? It's available in aerosol but that gets expensive and it's wasteful. I've been buying it in a gallon jug.

Thanks,
Ed

This stuff is the best. It burns a little when you breath it in, that's how you know its good!! I dilute it and have a full strength spray bottle.

00791275.jpg

@pedal4416 Do you use this stuff full strength or diluted - says on the bottle concentrate and will make 125 gallons. Another question. Is this water based so I could use it in my Eastwood Parts Washer? If you don't know, that's alright.

Thanks,
Ed

I dilute with water and use full strength. You can get it at Lowes and some other big stores. Get a small bottle and see how you like it! Wear gloves, and a mask if you are sensitive.

I use a gallon of carb cleaner I picked up at WalMart. Has a wire basket I put the bearings in and lower into the pail. Hose them off when done and ready to use again. I've been using the same gallon for 7 or 8 years and it's still working.

-----

thanks so much for this thread

this is one issue we all need to deal with

excellent information appreciated

-----

Back