I found a fork for my 39 Elgin but it was for a girl's bike and was too long. I finally got the fork cut down and some new threads cut into it, finished massaging a pair of fenders, and some of those cool looking air-cooled hubs. Now that all of the major parts had been sourced it was time to see it they would bolt to the frame and make a complete bike. No bearings or races were installed; just the major pieces to see if I have everything.
The box on the floor is a Black Typhoon that I picked up the other day and did some rob Peter to pay Paul using an older girls American for the wheel set (3 red band automatic) and fenders. It's just a matter of cleaning it up and greasing everything.
1945 Roadmaster Delivery take two. No prep paint job (to see if I liked the color), drilled out the broken head badge screws and put on head badge, rebuilt both hubs and bottom bracket, and remounted the front box.
Back on July 19th, I posted a picture of a box with some Typhoon parts in it. I said that I was going to use the chrome fenders from a girl's American but changed my mind and went with some painted ones. As long as I had to paint the fenders I went ahead and painted the frame, fork, and guard, and applied a set of new decals. I had picked up a set of tires at a local swap meet a couple of months ago.
I picked up this blue band for my one of my Stingrays got it all pulled apart. I had to sacrifice original axle but I had a few others. I was going to wait till the fall to break it down but I could not wait, very much looking forward to getting it rolling.