When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It looks like a mess at the moment, but my 1950 Schwinn DX, The Schwinn Dixie Dreamcycle, Is almost ready for sandblasting and powder coating.

I got my girlfriend’s Newport mocked up today. The wheels are borrowed from another bike. I like these handlebars on this one. We’ll see how comfy they are. This bike didn’t originally have truss rods I don’t think but I like it with them. I need to make a seat post for it. It needs a 13/16” quill style that I haven’t been able to find. This bike is pretty cool. I’m looking forward to getting it rideable.

I got my girlfriend’s Newport mocked up today. The wheels are borrowed from another bike. I like these handlebars on this one. We’ll see how comfy they are. This bike didn’t originally have truss rods I don’t think but I like it with them. I need to make a seat post for it. It needs a 13/16” quill style that I haven’t been able to find. This bike is pretty cool. I’m looking forward to getting it rideable. View attachment 1464015
Great tubing! Glad it is getting close! Very cool

I got my girlfriend’s Newport mocked up today. The wheels are borrowed from another bike. I like these handlebars on this one. We’ll see how comfy they are. This bike didn’t originally have truss rods I don’t think but I like it with them. I need to make a seat post for it. It needs a 13/16” quill style that I haven’t been able to find. This bike is pretty cool. I’m looking forward to getting it rideable. View attachment 1464015

Very Cool. I almost bought one of these. Kind of reminds me of a girls Rocket bike.

I've never seen one like this before! What's the story on it?

The first couple of pictures are the before...as I received it. The last three show its current status (the current pics are not that great with the lighting and backdrop). Still needs some work, but its getting there. This is basically a "bit of this and a bit of that" type of bike. Maker is unknown on what I believe is a late 1890s bicycle...this is my first bike and now I am kind of hooked :)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The first couple of pictures are the before...as I received it. The last three show its current status (the current pics are not that great with the lighting and backdrop). Still needs some work, but its getting there. This is basically a "bit of this and a bit of that" type of bike. Maker is unknown on what I believe is a late 1890s bicycle...this is my first bike and now I am kind of hooked :)

View attachment 1464201

View attachment 1464202

View attachment 1464203

View attachment 1464204

View attachment 1464205
Wow, nice work on that one! I like the parts you chose and the style. Should be a real fun rider.

I've never seen one like this before! What's the story on it?
It is a Newport Cycle High Class by Minato Works Japan. Likely "made in occupied Japan somewhere roughly in the late '40's or early '50s" according to @37fleetwood in this thread:
I bought it as a frame/fork project last year from @Dizzle Problems . Here's a thread from when he first picked it up:
Another that was for sale here awhile back:
I haven't been able to find out much about it, there just isn't much info online. I'd love to find a head badge for it but it seems unlikely that I ever will:
1629249266674.png

I'm going to keep the original fork on it and the Rollfast truss rods. I've got a cool prewar ladies saddle for it. It's getting modern Sturmey drum brake hubs with an 8 speed rear internal shift. I've got some fenders for it that are a similar color. I don't know whether to call it a rat rod or a resto mod. It's just a really neat bike and I'm looking forward to getting it on the road. Now I need to learn to lace wheels and then there should be more progress.

It is a Newport Cycle High Class by Minato Works Japan. Likely "made in occupied Japan somewhere roughly in the late '40's or early '50s" according to @37fleetwood in this thread:
I bought it as a frame/fork project last year from @Dizzle Problems . Here's a thread from when he first picked it up:
Another that was for sale here awhile back:
I haven't been able to find out much about it, there just isn't much info online. I'd love to find a head badge for it but it seems unlikely that I ever will:
View attachment 1464207
I'm going to keep the original fork on it and the Rollfast truss rods. I've got a cool prewar ladies saddle for it. It's getting modern Sturmey drum brake hubs with an 8 speed rear internal shift. I've got some fenders for it that are a similar color. I don't know whether to call it a rat rod or a resto mod. It's just a really neat bike and I'm looking forward to getting it on the road. Now I need to learn to lace wheels and then there should be more progress.
Sweet! That's definitely a unique bike! Thanks for sharing!

Back