When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-

Cool bike. Same frame as my '35 Elgin. Trying now to straighten out the rain gutter fenders. No rolling of these; just slow hammer and dolly work. Ill be doing the same wheel / frame paint scheme (in other colors>)

(Latest Project) Mock up on 53 Roadmaster CWC Racer.
(Build For Customer) Still a work in progress, checking the lines of the bike and making sure made parts work and fit.
Tires are just "rollers", going with a 2 speed on this one.
Original frame, front end , truss rods and tank work is next after blowing back apart.
If your going to build a Hot Rod, ya got to use Hot Rod parts sometimes!

The Hawthorne Fastback is also getting attention slow but sure!

I was going to mockup a few different front wheels, forks and fenders on my Newsboy Special today, but I decided to start with my craziest idea first... and well, now I almost feel that there's no need to mockup the other parts. I took the repop 26" Schwinn-style springer fork I plan to use for my "Poison Apple" trike project, and flipped the steerer tube upside-down so the bike would have a greater rake to it. (Shout-out to @Reallybigtim for the inspiration!) And boy, what a rake! This is that aggressive rake I was looking for ever since I got this bike! Those straight bars that make up the rear rack are almost in-line with the front axle! And the bike has that hot rod/rail dragster vibe I was aiming for! I'm loving it as is, but I think with some refinement, this idea could turn into something awesome!

I was going to mockup a few different front wheels, forks and fenders on my Newsboy Special today, but I decided to start with my craziest idea first... and well, now I almost feel that there's no need to mockup the other parts. I took the repop 26" Schwinn-style springer fork I plan to use for my "Poison Apple" trike project, and flipped the steerer tube upside-down so the bike would have a greater rake to it. (Shout-out to @Reallybigtim for the inspiration!) And boy, what a rake! This is that aggressive rake I was looking for ever since I got this bike! Those straight bars that make up the rear rack are almost in-line with the front axle! And the bike has that hot rod/rail dragster vibe I was aiming for! I'm loving it as is, but I think with some refinement, this idea could turn into something awesome!
View attachment 1486700
View attachment 1486701
View attachment 1486702
View attachment 1486703
View attachment 1486704
View attachment 1486705
Wah

I say make that rack look like the trunk of a 1959 Chevrolet. fins and everything.

View attachment 1490233
I like that idea! I was originally thinking of possibly adding a couple of aluminum panels inside the triangles under the rack to resemble the spoilers on pro stock drag race cars, like this one:
1633403567474.png

That said, making it resemble a '59 Chevy Impala sounds pretty cool too! I've got a red acrylic bug guard I've been dying to use as either a tank insert or custom taillights, and I do like the idea of fitting some cat eyes right under that rack! You just gave me a great idea to play around with! That's why I got this bike: pure customizing potential!

Back