When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-a
~
%
z
I ended up with the semi-professional trueing stand in my travels and its just been chilling in the corner waiting for my lazy butt to get in gear. im at a point where I have 2 bikes currently waiting on rebuilt wheels so it would really help me tons if I would learn. I think knowing what spokes to buy, length, thread etc is the part I have yet to learn.
You can do it! Lacing is fun for me, just grab a known good wheel and look at it while lacing one. Truing isn’t as fun for me, but I’m getting better.

You can do it! Lacing is fun for me, just grab a known good wheel and look at it while lacing one. Truing isn’t as fun for me, but I’m getting better.
Im super ocd and finicky so I know I will be good at it and obsess like no other but I think pulling the plug and/or finding the time to learn has alluded me up to this point. i think this week might be the week though...

I have used 10 5/8 on almost every 26 inch wheel except a HD set so as to go with a 3 cross pattern. They were 10 1/4. I was surprised even the S-7 used them. I try to measure the spokes I removed to be sure. A lot odf older wheels used very specific lengths like S-7 were lewaving the factory with 10 9/16 but 10 5/8 is close enough. 269 MM is the same as 10 5/8 roughly. I would not trust myself with a high end road bike where it does matter exact length and spoke tension. With the balloon and middleweight wheels tension can be done by feel.
Really solid info thank you! You're not a real old bike lover if you cant lace wheels right! Lol jk

I think knowing what spokes to buy, length, thread etc is the part I have yet to learn.
There is also a phone app that comes in handy, Spokecalculator.
Screenshot_20220418-140938.png

It will ask you for all of the pertinent details.
Input all your data without having to be in front of a desktop computer and spit out a spoke length in millimeters.

I call it cycling therapy...it puts most of your focus on the work, less on everything else......unless I'm dealing with heavy duty spokes in an internal gear hub, then it can borderline physical torture. Lol

Built this set for a friend of mine recently. Will be putting new spokes in a crusty set of Elgin drop centers tomorrow.
IMG_20220407_1723254.jpg

There is also a phone app that comes in handy, Spokecalculator. View attachment 1609195
It will ask you for all of the pertinent details.
Input all your data without having to be in front of a desktop computer and spit out a spoke length in millimeters.

I call it cycling therapy...it puts most of your focus on the work, less on everything else......unless I'm dealing with heavy duty spokes in an internal gear hub, then it can borderline physical torture. Lol

Built this set for a friend of mine recently. Will be putting new spokes in a crusty set of Elgin drop centers tomorrow. View attachment 1609197
Well thank you! Im pretty much set on doing my own now. Its one thing ive been putting off in my arsenal!

1933 B 10E Motorbike that will be blue and aluminum with stainless steel guards. This will be my flat land rider! I’m going to paint this bike with rattle can and not be concerned other a scratch. (Just rattle can for the next meet!)

Change of tank will be only change from top picture and will be blue with aluminum sides.

Back