When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
I bought a used 1 speed mountain bike. So far, I lost the huge knobby 2.8" tires, replaced them with lightweight folding touring tires 1.9", huge improvement. I also lost the original black steel super wide bars and dorky stem, and installed a silver polished 'shred neck" and alloy BMX bars.
Also way betta. At least 6" narrower on Each side ! Needed a set back type seat post so I went silver there too. Now my femurs fit. Bike had all black parts as I got it, too much black IMHO. Wheels are OK, gear is too low so I plan to change the chainring. it's like a big BMX bike that's got a long top tube for someone 6'3". Pretty light too, quiet and smooth. I'll cut the excess steering tube off soon. First newish bike I've acquired in 30 years. Molteni orange too.

66DE7806-8112-464E-A70F-7995F2BD8D84.jpeg

09823354-F684-4160-93B6-9231D56A32FB.jpeg

Another build ( always have multiple going) 1920’s Elgin 28” rat View attachment 1749801

moto bike resto mod. Frame is fitted with alloy 28” wheels, drums front and rear and sachs 3 spd. I kind of stalled out waiting for parts for Sachs.I was riding this bike with more modern 26” wheels and 36t ring for gravel riding.

Will be putting larger ring on. Love the patina of the spears someone added in silver paint along time ago I know bottom half of lamp missing but it’s a rat.Since I really into collecting motos right now, I could change my miind and build it more OG? Either way it’ll have rain gutter fenders and some moto cross bars and probably a rack.The seat will be replaced or at least the silver frame painted black( way I got it).

Last edited:
Another build ( always have multiple going) 1920’s Elgin 28” rat View attachment 1749801

moto bike resto mod. Frame is fitted with alloy 28” wheels, drums front and rear and sachs 3 spd. I kind of stalled out waiting for parts for Sachs.I was riding this bike with more modern 26” wheels and 36t ring for gravel riding.

View attachment 1749809

Will be putting larger ring on. Love the patina of the spears someone added in silver paint along time ago I know bottom half of lamp missing but it’s a rat.Since I really into collecting motos right now, I could change my miind and build it more OG? Either way it’ll have rain gutter fenders and some moto cross bars and probably a rack.The seat will be replaced or at least the silver frame painted black( way I got it).View attachment 1749813

View attachment 1749812
Ooh, the Sachs 3sp drum is one I haven't had on my stand yet! Digging my F&S Dreigang coaster hubs though.

A few weeks ago I bought a rather dilapidated 1980 Gazelle Champion Mondial semi-racer. A.k.a the "G" frame, these are based on the "A" frame Gazelle racing machines, basically the bike that won the World's in 1969, albeit with slightly longer rear stays and a couple of touring-oriented braze-ons.

As bought:

IMG_20221123_153114713.jpg

As it looks like now, after stripping and cleaning:

IMG_20221211_145258601.jpg

The frame turned out to be in pretty good shape. I have a few parts on order, such as a (somewhat) smaller 118 BCD inner ring for the rather nice Gazelle-branded crankset. Hope to have it back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I bought a rather delipidated 1980 Gazelle Champion Mondial semi-racer. A.k.a the "G" frame, these are based on the "A" frame Gazelle racing machines, basically the bike that won the World's in 1969, albeit with slightly longer rear stays and a couple of touring-oriented braze-ons.

As bought:

View attachment 1751096

As it looks like now, after stripping and cleaning:

View attachment 1751098

The frame turned out to be in pretty good shape. I have a few parts on order, such as a (somewhat) smaller 118 BCD inner ring for the rather nice Gazelle-branded crankset. Hope to have it back on the road in a couple of weeks.

Thank you for sharing this handsome new arrival with the forum.

Interesting that it came with dynamo but no lamps.

Only from the low countries do we see a 531DB frameset constructed with an ESGE plate style chainstay bridge.

Frame appears constructed with BOCAMA Competition 76 lug pattern with cutout Nr. R1, BOCAMA Professional bottom bracket shell and Vagner DP+ fork crown.

---

wheel rims appear MAVIC Module E2

---

clear that equipe effe e effe assisted with lavandazione 😸

-----

Back