That is a problem... but to make it easier to find the answer let me ask you
before I give you my opinion on what I would do.
1. If you only had one day to decide & if you didn't decide, you would loose the bike,
what color would you pick?
2. Is there one bike color that you have seen that impressed you the most ?
3. Have you gone to the bike galleries from other members & checked out
what you like?
4. Have you made a list of your top favorites & jot down the best points on each
& see which one scores the most points?
5. What is your purpose or goal in wanting to paint the bike?
If the reason is to keep it & not resell it...
Then please yourself.
This is all about what you think & like. Not me or anyone else.
Now what I would do is paint it in a way that would not be shiny,or new looking...
the paint would look like it wasn't painted at all. It would have a shine...but it would
be like a hand polish of old metal or brass. Some call it "patina".
Others will disagree & that's fine...everyone has their right to an opinion.
I'm not here to start an issue.
I'm just giving you my opinion on what "I" would do.
It's good that you ask...perhaps others will give you more insight on
the way to go.
Got the Elgin Swallow back together tonight. Wanted some creme tires to go with the red rims but they were on backorder so a pair of John's whitewalls will work for the moment.
She's ready for a test ride.
This picture is a bit blurry but shows the color better.