When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is mine. Still dont know what it will look like when complete.

DSC_5099-1.jpg

T2eC16VzEE9s3Y10BR4rlZSOS60_57-1.jpg

DSC_5110-1.jpg

Progress update on second project. I installed new wheels, and a few screws. The hardest part was rebuilding the pedestal lamp top. It had a holes on each side of the top. I managed to rebuild it with Epoxy and fiberglass.

As you can see I have a slight problem, the new paint on the pedestal light top is too light. I have to age it somehow. This top had rust holes on each side. I managed to rebuild it with Epoxy, fiberglass, and body filler.
DSCF2457_zpsae00af36.gif

Last edited:
1936 Silver King

image-1.jpg

SK_Badge-2.jpg

As I got it. It will stay assembled until I gather some more parts. Leon Dixon informed me today that it has the wrong fork truss rods. He says these are for a Hawthorne Durilium. Apparently they are different. Also the rear Eclipse hub is wrong (should be a Morrow) so the wheels are probably wrong, too. Seems this uneducated newbie might have been taken advantage of on one of his early purchases. Lesson learned.

Leon Dixon informed me today that it has the wrong fork truss rods. He says these are for a Hawthorne Durilium. Apparently they are different.

The truss rods are also the same on the base model Silver Kings, not just Hawthorne's. The deluxe ones you want have a curve at the top. Like KingSilver's wonderful example:

M1 (with lock)
DSCN4064_zps668fa918-1.jpg

M2 (without lock)
Picture20104-1.jpg

I actually like to get my whole bike together before I show it.

I know, buzz kill.

I hate to admit it but this is how it sits right now. Long story!

I'm basing my build on my late 40's CWC. I've been wanting to do a military bike and a steampunk bike, so I'm going to combine the two in this one.

attachment.php

Back