When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The truss rods are also the same on the base model Silver Kings, not just Hawthorne's. The deluxe ones you want have a curve at the top. Like KingSilver's wonderful example:

M1 (with lock)
DSCN4064_zps668fa918-1.jpg

M2 (without lock)
Picture20104-1.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Chitown. That will help in my quest.

Reconstructed the front pedestal lamp top. It looks far better now.

Before: Rust had eaten holes on the top of the pedestal cover.

Oscar Goldman: A pedestal cover barely there: a lamp barely complete.
Gentlemen we can rebuild it
We have the technology
We have the capability to make the worlds first bionic lamp
This Firestone pedestal lamp will be that lamp
Better than it was before
Better, Stronger, Brighter

DSCF2449_zpsb500a9e1.gif

After surgery:
DSCF2460_zps1e39538e.gif

DSCF2459_zpse925b21d-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoLs0V8T5AA

Last edited:
67 ?? Western Flyer Sabre Flyer

Finally got the frame and rear rack painted.
Started putting the Sabre Flyer back together tonight.

It's time to get this 2 year old project done. Need to find a nice western flyer red seat. Not sure what to look for though. Having never seen this bike before except with the other one I had...I can't find a catalog with the bike in it to see what type of seat was used.

The pictures below have a Schwinn seat and not staying on it.
I think I'll look for one of these black pleated seats that's pictured on the Strato Flyer in the catalog below (wouldd like a red pleated seat though).
However the bike on the left looks like the same tank as my Sabre Flyer in red....no springer front fork though like mine. Probably that belted crash rail seat in black is or should be correct.

syra2e6y-1.jpg

a7e9ahe7-1.jpg

tume5ery-1.jpg

pebame5u-1.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:
Still kicking myself for passing on that one! I'm liking these frames more and more...........

My summer money hole

So I laughed at Sped Man's post about the Colson being a money pit.....Here's mine. I thought this local 200$ schwinn would be a cheap summer project. Wheels, stems, bars, etc were rotten.....so I got carried away with repro parts and had to have that SA kickback hub. Still need a chain, kickstand, etc......just a little more money, right?

My DX4-2-13.jpg

dxandflowers.jpg

So I laughed at Sped Man's post about the Colson being a money pit.....Here's mine. I thought this local 200$ schwinn would be a cheap summer project. Wheels, stems, bars, etc were rotten.....so I got carried away with repro parts and had to have that SA kickback hub. Still need a chain, kickstand, etc......just a little more money, right?

So how much in the hole are you in? Looks like a lot! If your wife isn't around spill the beans. I still haven't gotten to where you are at in my restoration of the 1939 Colson. I am a few million dollars off. I am still debating if I should paint it or just file for bankrupcy right now. :o

Last edited:
...summer money hole

Sped, I've broken 8 bills for sure, total, and am warp speeding past 9 if I get all the acutriments(reflectors, flap, horn(fake one now), etc). Don't worry.....she never visits this site. She loves the bikes, but couldn't care less how they come about.

Back