When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
I got the re-chromed lucky seven post today and I made my first attempt at covering a bicycle seat, for the 1934 Lawlor's. Of course, I'm not happy with it. No Mesinger stamp in the leather and I ended up with a couple little wrinkles in the leather. I don't think other people will see it, but it sure bugs me! Ha Ha Ha

It sure looks a lot better than the other seat I had on it while I was working on the Mesinger. I left the hardware as is for now. Once I get all the parts together and have the bike completely assembled so I can test ride it, I'm going to have it painted. I've never had one painted before, I'm generally an original kind of guy. Barry

I'm still searching for some stainless fenders and a tank. I'd like to trade the tank in it for the one I need. I know, wishful thinking.
20181123_192733[1].jpg

Last edited:
Latest project is a 40-41 bent tube Elgin. Having a little fun with this one, got it mocked and ready to take apart for soda blast. Front end is Elgin, fender over, rear fender is the rear section of an Elgin rear fender I had left over. Wheels are originals in nice shape.

20181121_131457.jpg

I got the cross brace handle bars and a drop stand in the mail today. Two steps closer! Tomorrow I get to buy fenders and maybe wheels. :smile:

I think it's pretty cool the Lawlor's bicycle was bought off Craigslist, in Lincoln Nebraska. It's the same city Lawlor's Sporting Goods is still located in, to this day. They make clothing and don't sell bikes anymore though. Barry

12-4-18
I bought fenders and wheels from Dave today. I spent hours playing with the fenders, straightening, taking out dents and polishing them. I think they'll work out pretty good.

IMG_2171.JPG

IMG_2166.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

IMG_2175.JPG

Last edited:
I've been busy cleaning and fitting the Stainless fenders I bought from Dave. I'm getting lots of the scratches polished out. Had to do a little trimming, drilling and filing to make the rear fender fit just right. I'm happy with it. Now it's polish, polish and polish. I bought a tea cup light today. Just a few more parts including a battery can and a tank and I'll be home free. I'll clean and install the wheels tomorrow.

IMG_2184.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

20181206_004220[1].jpg

I can't answer this. Like the typical enthusiast I have several that will probably take me a decade to finish due to always picking up another. :D oh and the inability to true wheels in house. So the poor things just sit.

Back