When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
The "Patina Monster Roadster" is on the road!
1939 Monark Rocket Motorbike. 1 year only Pencil Springer. Pie Crust Chainguard. Clincher style seat post. Original period blackwall Goodyears as well.
I have truly enjoyed this project. I wanted this one to show some of the more unique original parts in bare metal.
Working on tank area insert now

1939 Monark Rocket Motorbike. 1 year only Pencil Springer. Pie Crust Chainguard. Clincher style seat post. Original period blackwall Goodyears as well.
I have truly enjoyed this project. I wanted this one to show some of the more unique original parts in bare metal.
Working on tank area insert now

View attachment 1363087

View attachment 1363088
Vedy Vedy niiice!!!
Those "clincher style seat posts" make for a clean look!! I imagine that being a "Monark guy" you have had the pleasure of pulling one out that was rusted into the seat tube previously?
I like the floating reflector as well. Fancy.
Congrats on getting it rolling.
- Nate

Vedy Vedy niiice!!!
Those "clincher style seat posts" make for a clean look!! I imagine that being a "Monark guy" you have had the pleasure of pulling one out that was rusted into the seat tube previously?
I like the floating reflector as well. Fancy.
Congrats on getting it rolling.
- Nate
They can be a nightmare for sure!!!!;)

Got the chainguard painted and decals applied to my 1948 Transfendered Hiawatha custom, guard decal is from a Hiawatha Doodlebug. Fenders and rack will soon be painted, but I'm not 100% sure they'll find a home on this bike.

GEDC3977.JPG

GEDC3976.JPG

Gone crazy building up my strength and endurance in regard to brush skills.
Easier said than done...gotta be a "Master of Chill", like Bob Ross..."Beat the Devil Out of That Little Brush!"

Used 1Shot Enamel with catalyst hardener. Brown Black Blue to match my Folk Art Theme bicycle. Modified a kickstand to be utilized as an Axle-Mahl for placing and steadying the hand. Each tire took approx 2.5 hrs to paint, I'm sore. Worth the effort though.

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4162.jpeg

IMG_4163 2.jpeg

IMG_4148.jpg

This ride was given to me by a friend. I tried to buy it about 10 years ago before he sanded some of the paint off . Ooh well the price was fantastic , I’ll use it as a shop bike . I heated the steering tube to get the wedge out. Now I’ve got to heat the wedge to get the bolt out of it . No big deal I just ran out of time every one Enjoy the Ride

D52B3F53-2AE9-431E-9F38-DD4C541C9EE8.jpeg

2BDCFBA3-DED2-44A5-BA06-AB770D0F7C4F.jpeg

26235ABF-1593-4CBA-ABC7-F2A2B58D2D3B.jpeg

Template for insert is done! Time to do some real cutting!

Put the rack on my '48 Transfendered Hiawatha, and took it out for a nice cruise. I'd love for this to become a 3 speed, but to do that I'd want a different style shifter. Any cool ideas running around for custom Nexus 3 speed shifters, preferably something that would fit the look of this build?

GEDC3988.JPG

GEDC3989.JPG

Back