When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The deed is done. 1941 Colson, that I bought as a wreak. My plans for it evolved, and may evolve more. But, I want to ride it. To that end, it got a new two tone Diamond chain, new Torrington pedals, new tires, (the old tubes hold air just fine) new grips, and a might-as-well-be new seat by Bob U. Everything was cleaned, lubed, and serviced. Everything else is period. Had a few short rides for tuning, and I have the day off work tomorrow for a nice park ride with mom and the boy, as they just started spring break.
Ted

8358B503-4ED6-423E-B831-C14916602BCE.jpeg

My Folk Art bicycle has enough Luxor LED Lumens to shine any pathway hella bright, so no reflectors necessarily needed, until the batteries go dead anyway.
So here is my CABE inspired, alcohol induced hub-ornament.
I have enjoyed New Belgium Brewery beer since 1992, Love their bicycle culture, “Tour De Fat.”
The little bottle cap gem was a riot to construct here at FOLK-U all boozed up!
Caps still smell like beer.

IMG_4193.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4208.jpg

IMG_4181.jpg

Here at Folk-U we have a hand-engraved rust oxidized "Campagnola" inspired drivetrain that is finally finished as Folk Art.
Complete with hand painted ghost letters that read FAST NOONAN TRANSIT on top of chain guard! Hard to photograph.
I'm trying hard to earn extra credit, and respect is not given freely, it is earned in essential bike building 101 class.
Thus far, I love making others cringe with my bottle of Rust Spray...Cancer.
I would argue that this 2013 PACIFIC bicycle "HAS BEEN" evolving organically, just in a more speedy fashion for anything to be considered a real classic...this is not yet.
I know...its crude...never done anything like this before...the recycled disc brake is purely aesthetic and was inspired from motorcycle technology called Sproders (Sprocket Rotor Units).
Thanks for looking~

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4224 2.jpeg

IMG_4218.jpg

Last edited:
Today's Project, a 41 DX, had these parts and badge "Excelsior" waiting to be assembled, tried to build it pretty close to how we did it in the mid-late 70's with what was available then, got in a little ride before dark and everything felt good. only problem so far is the bars are so wide ( 32 in. ) it wont fit in the car without removing them, hate to cut them but a pain if I had to remove every time so well see!, Oh ya, the OG badge was missing and was a "RICK", one of the ugliest badges I've seen, looks way older style than the bike and big so will just have to live with the shadow of a bigger badge unless I find a big badge I like.

3C962D48-6057-4CA8-9F55-367DDDD30419.jpeg

Last edited:
Back