When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
Slow start but this is before.

20210919_132355.jpg

Here is it at this present time. Still chugging along.
20220401_173943.jpg

Building two 650b alloy wheel sets. 1st one: SE 35mm wide rims with old style clad rim profile, Dreigang Two Speed kicker, White Industries tracker. DB spokes, brass nips, Panasonic Gravel King 1.9 tires. Hoping to run these on my 28-er rides.
1649361051349.jpeg

Last edited:
Well all done except for a decal on the guard. This 1961 Speedster rides nice on a set of clean center stamp S-7 wheels thanks to @Hastings. I'm just blown away by the condition and color of this bike. Other then the after market bars, tires and chain all of this bike is original Schwinn. I used some of the best shiny parts I had. I build these with the intention to sell and never do, I'm having a real hard time even thinking of letting this one go. I donated my campus green 1969 Typhoon to charity last fall and I have no green 26 inch bikes. Now I do, I need to part with a bike to make room for it, but what one I love them all.

IMG_1881.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

I had forgot the kids had the day off so I had some extra time before things got going. I added the last few parts to make this one a rider a '66 Schwinn crank and sprocket, really awesome chain guard from @Hastings , some well used wide early ape hangers and got the seat cover attached back to the pan. I also finally got a chance to put to use the accessory exhaust pipe I'm thinking early '60s. Once I got it adjust it was hilarious. My kids were very annoyed, they had not seen or heard it so they were very confused when I first started riding around. A small clip holds the drive gear against a spring and away from the wheel bracket. When the clip is slid aside the spring engages the two parts and a flapper mounted in the side of what looks like a super pinkie ball that is jammed into the pipe emits the noise. Fun little rider but if your tall and don't pay attention it will wheelie even if you do not want to. I will try and post video later if I can.

IMG_1892.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

Back