When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
It looks exactly like it did when I got it back in November.....one day I am fixing it, the next day I am selling it, then fixing it...:confused:

huffman3-1.jpg

love these old hanging tank schwinns.:)

What type of seat is on this bike? I have one just like it but have no idea what it goes on. Anyone out there that could help me out? It has the metal lip around the outer edge, just like this one.

!

It's called a streamlined mesinger . It's the saddle usedv
On high end prewar Schwinns , such as the aerocycle , cycle plane, etc. They are my favorite saddle . I'm 6'3 215 so they hold up well for big guys like me.

This bad boy is another project I have. I sent the seat out to have it redone. Bob gave me the good news today that the seat is finally done. I should have it in 3-4 days. Can't wait. Will post photos.

So far so good. Made some head way. With an additional 1 million dollars invested in it, I will have a really cool $700 bike ;)

A true money pit!

Last edited:
This bad boy is another project I have. I sent the seat out to have it redone. Bob gave me the good news today that the seat is finally done. I should have it in 3-4 days. Can't wait. Will post photos.

IMG_20130515_183519_zpsa0f7cc25.gif

Those tall frame Meads are really nice.

Back