When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What does your current project look like now?

-
Into this.....
I like it!
Because displaying a large quantity of these badges requires a choice area to view them all and a large enough display case or wall hanger can be cumbersome. This is a great idea.

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Last edited:
Changed out the chainguard. Not sure what else I can do to this one to improve the appearance. I like the rusty frame and green. It was originally red and was tastefully repainted. Even the hand pinstripping was done very well.
Now to add the chain, find a tank ($$$), dropstand clip and a rear rack....and enjoy the ride.

ad9abcc11f6a44150836d189a4326029-1.jpg

909b3a65864270f2d3be1f21e76c819d-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Currently building an early fifties Snyder Monkey Warts Hawthorne springer bicycle. I've had the majority of the frame for twenty five years or so, and finally straightened the forks, and found a matching rack, chain guard and crank assembly to get her rideable. I'm putting these incorrect drop centers on the bike because they match the faded red-to-orange paint so well. I understand now why so many of these bikes I see on the web look to have bent forks: the springer doesn't do much to reinforce fork strength here, and it'll be interesting to see if it has any real effect on the ride.

Still haven't located matching orange fenders yet, but it's time to get it on the road.

image.jpg

Decal on an old bike

Slow process on an Iver since I want to preserve it's original color.
Luckily it's mostly black.
1z6wh9v-1.jpg

I touched it up around the area with enamel black but not sure what I can do to preserve the decal
that is almost a century old or just leave it alone & hope for the best. :p

Whoops ! a pre-phantom front fender ?

Mostly cleaning, polishing & replacing with original parts this 'early 50s red.
and for those who are wondering...
(it's a bell ringer & bike chain around the handlebars, rack not correct, tires are blackwall "Schwinns"
not original but still nice...there might be more things...who knows.)

beh3dx-1.jpg

Although the rear fender is original, the front one is a repo.
I thought I had found an original replacement which is in great shape.
2ymeog9-1.jpg

But after cleaning & removing old paint...
ou46fo-1.jpg

I'm keeping it but now I have another project...:o

Last edited:
Crown - Great Western Mfr. Co.

Before
Great Western 001.jpg

Today
photo.jpg

Finally got the proper fork headbadge front fender thanks to the Cabe
GT

Indian restoration

just a few pics of the start of the indian motobike now we will be doing the gold pinstripping.....and the nickle is done so build starts after copake... need that hendee badge

Attachments

• 1428927178173.jpg
    1428927178173.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 187
  • 1428927178007.jpg
    1428927178007.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 182
  • 1428927177926.jpg
    1428927177926.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 186
Back