When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What era is this Brooks S 22/1 saddle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

3-speeder

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I can't remember what bike this saddle came off of. Has anyone seen one? Do you have one on a bike? It's in pretty good shape. I imagine it was on a tourist type bicycle and maybe not a high-end one??? I'm thinking a leather Brooks would have been on a high-end model. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Last edited:
Low end? 😉

Looks like the ones used on some late 30's Paramounts.

Schwinns version, only has three rivets though.

View attachment 1424299
Well I'll be darned! Looks just like it. I kinda thought a Paramount would be sporting a non-mattress style saddle. I'm always learning on the CABE. Thank you. I was looking at Kurt Kaminer's site, The Headbadge, and saw a Brooks nameplate with similar font from the forties but it had smaller rivets. Maybe they used different sized rivets for the different materials??? Link to that info below, third image down by @rhm . Now if I could find the Paramount to mount this on...

Last edited:
Well I'll be darned! Looks just like it. I kinda thought a Paramount would be sporting a leather saddle. I'm always learning on the CABE. Thank you. I was looking at Kurt Kaminer's site, The Headbadge, and saw a Brooks nameplate with similar font from the forties but it had smaller rivets. Maybe they used different sized rivets for the different materials??? Link to that info below, third image down by @rhm . Now if I could find the Paramount to mount this on...

That saddle style was really popular during the late 30's and 40's but I don't think Schwinn used that particular piece. Raleigh used quite a few different brands and these all look pretty identical. The number of rivets for the cover and the placement will help when trying to find what make and model used these.

Back