When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What frame will fit a H series engine

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sallen

Look Ma, No Hands!
I recently picked up a H series whizzer motor. It came with a late 40's early 50's western auto 26" bike. Will the engine fit this frame or should I try and get another frame? Also, what are the best frames for these Whizzer bikes? Thanks Steve

the best bicycle frames for whizzer motors are Schwinn post war cantilever, whizzer recommended them but roadmaster and a few other others made special bikes made for whizzer motors, a spring fork is highly recommended, whizzer started making there own cantilever frames in 1948 (pacemakers) and Schwinn sued them for patent infringement and won , whizzer then paid royalty's to Schwinn on every frame they made .., do you have a picture of your frame ?

here is a pic of my bike.. I mounted engine and the clutch pulley rubs the frame. thought maybe another frame would be better and what can i do and still use this one?

20180917_162847.jpg

20180721_111404.jpg

20180917_162901.jpg

20180917_162911.jpg

that's a CWC frame same as a roadmaster I have used them on whizzers and see no reason not to use it, the pulley needs to have a spacer/washer behind it to clear frame, good luck with your project..

whizzerbug is exactly right. H motors fit nicely in Roadmaster frames. If the clutch arm rubs on it, it will rub on any frame. The spacer is the best way to go. I have seen some slightly cut away arms, but I wouldn't go too far with that.

DSCN6486_zpse9bfbac3.jpg

DSCN6485_zps180b4993.jpg

Is the roadmaster a CWC frame? Also, what about a cantilever frame. Are these good for whizzer motors? thanks Steve

I looked at a cantilever frame from the 90's today. I've heard these are good for whizzer's

00y0y_iQUoqlA4xwR_1200x900.jpg

20180918_121049_1537294821670.jpg

Any space the motor will fit into... 14" sidewalk bike, 24" Shelby, 26" ?, 24" Western Flyer with Dual exhaust
DSC04414.JPG

DSC03902.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

DSC00090.JPG

DSC00088.JPG

Last edited:
Most of the Whizzers I've had and seen are on Schwinn cantilever frames. I also have a couple on Schwinn DX frames. Sorry, but I would go back at least to Chicago Schwinns to put a Whizzer in.

DSCN7579_zpsike8earq.jpg

SDC10467.jpg

Back