When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to bike flights?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
If it helps any, I got Tempest via UPS and my USPS people are also outstanding...I suspect that you have guerrilla gorillas along your routes.

I see conflicting info on the shipbikes.com website. In one place it says max ground shipping 60lbs box included. A different place on the homepage says 75lbs? Anyone shipped over 60lbs and have a problem? I also didn't see a place to create an account and am awaiting a response. V/r Shawn

I see conflicting info on the shipbikes.com website. In one place it says max ground shipping 60lbs box included. A different place on the homepage says 75lbs? Anyone shipped over 60lbs and have a problem? I also didn't see a place to create an account and am awaiting a response. V/r Shawn

on the ground shipping.

Cardboard Box (either new or recycled), weight limit 75 lbs.
To reduce damages on non-electric bicycles we recommend a weight limit of 55 lbs.
Electric bicycles with lithium-ion batteries can not be shipped to Alaska or Hawaii.
All electric bicycles must have the batteries installed in the bicycle.

Hard Plastic Bicycle Case, weight limit 75 lbs.

AirCaddy (triangular container 58" x 22" x 31"), weight limit 60 lbs.

eBike Shipper (43" x 11" x 32"), weight limit 60 lbs.

eWheelShipper Box (for 2 wheels only, 42" x 7" x 27"), weight limit 25 lbs.

Anything from the U.S. to Canada, cannot be more than 60 lbs, starts at 179.00, and is supposed to be for personal, non-commercial items.

Any other international, call for assistance.

From a different page of the website
2. Pack your bicycle using the manufacturer’s instructions. Maximum weight allowed for ground shipping (including the box) is 60 pounds

"Maximum weight allowed for ground shipping (including the box) is 60 pounds "

Yep, it does show that, interesting. The heaviest I have sent so far was 57 pounds, so I don't know.

Just received a message that if you want to set up an account you must contact them. Once your shipping total exceeds $500 for the year you get 5% off the following year. V/r Shawn

Used to ship my bike and related gear to my destination in my hard shell bike case via bike flights. Typical weight was 100lbs. Case alone weighs nearly 30 pounds. Guess it’s back to airline freight prices...

Back