When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Hubs Have Distinct Sounds ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Manhrs

Finally riding a big boys bike
I took my 59 wasp on a couple mile ride this morning . It has a Bendix 2 speed hub , it has that very distinct sound in low gear when you shift to high it goes away . If you have a Bendix 2 speed you know the sound . Are there any other hubs that have a certain Sound ?

I took my 59 wasp on a couple mile ride this morning . It has a Bendix 2 speed hub , it has that very distinct sound in low gear when you shift to high it goes away . If you have a Bendix 2 speed you know the sound . Are there any other hubs that have a certain Sound ?
Love that sound.

Is this an Automatic hub? I just got one laced and running and haven't heard any growl. Yet.

Is this an Automatic hub? I just got one laced and running and haven't heard any growl. Yet.
Red band 2 speed has a very noticeable sound in low gear . I’m not sure if yellow or blue make that sound . It’s not so much a growl lol hard to explain the noise .

I'll listen closer tomorrow morning. My riding buddy is bringing his redband to compare. 😀

I've rebuilt a bunch of those red band kick back hubs and the growl is the tiny little planetary gears spinning and meshing in low gear. Some hubs seem to do it more than others. I've played with different planetary sets and different lubricants. It's always there in different levels of volume :)

I did notice a small amount of noise, not sure if it could be a growl, but it's not a bother. My riding buddy brought his ride today too, and both seem to have the noise. I'm definitely liking the 2 gear selection.

20210925_101415.jpg

Back