When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What huffy might this be?

-

1959firearrow

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Is whats left of a huffy cool ghoul or similar rail style huffy? Where do I look for serial numbers? The only reason I ask about the cool ghoul is this bike was dark purple and it has a five point chain ring..... Not sure if the chain ring is original.

Attachments

• DSC00258.jpg
    DSC00258.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00259.jpg
    DSC00259.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00261.jpg
    DSC00261.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00257.jpg
    DSC00257.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC00260.jpg
    DSC00260.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 69
Its just a standard 1968ish rail the cool ghoul has a different chain ring. Still cool I also know where I can get another for $10 missing the rear wheel and shifter/cables, and a busted seat. But between the two there should be enough to get started on.

Last edited:
Cool Ghoul was a shorty frame from what I have seen, This is a long framed bike. Also Cool Ghoul and Blue Beard bikes were usually mid late 70's bikes. The Rail was the one that started it all for Huffy. Their own design and longer than everyone else! lol

Any body have any rusty rail parts they don't want? Think I'm gonna make a rusty rail out of this one since it is way out of my price range to restore.

Try the musclebikeforums, they are far more specialized in these than many of us here. Myself included! They always have muscle bike parts for sale as well. I would have a headset for you...but I sold it to somebody else for their Rail. It turned out beautifully, too!

Back