When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if Schwinn built this....

-
You have to wonder why it wasn't an option on their top model!
Probably because the 5 speed Corvette was an expensive enough option. They were asking $79.95 for those. If the 5 speed Jag was an option they would probably have to ask at least $85.00 to $90.00 for it because of the tank and extra rear standard rack the Corvette does not have. A lot of parents of kids who thought about buying the 5 speed Corvette for their kids were probably screaming about the price. I wonder what they would have thought about an over the top bike a 5 speed Jag would have been price wise in 1961 when some people probably didn't make that kind of pay in a week's time on average.

Years ago, right after I completed the bike, I said I did it because it was like putting a 4 speed Muncie stick shift transmission in a 1965 Cadillac. That is what it rides like.
I just noticed that you posted this in the middle weight section and not the Schwinn section.

I just noticed that you posted this in the middle weight section and not the Schwinn section.
The way the CABE is set up, it can be posted in either place. The bike is a middleweight, and it's also a Schwinn. This is a catchall place for posting about all middleweight bikes.

Zip ties because I spent a lot of time and money repainting this bike. Original style clips would have scratched the sh** out of my nice multi hundred dollar paint job, and I was not willing to let that happen.

Back