When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What if Schwinn built this....

-
Zip ties because I spent a lot of time and money repainting this bike. Original style clips would have scratched the sh** out of my nice multi hundred dollar paint job, and I was not willing to let that happen.
I have seen plastic cable clips not so sure about in black. Is that you riding the bike in the OP? I hope you don't mind me saying but I thought that was Mike Wolfe hahaha. Really awesome build, love it.

Zip ties because I spent a lot of time and money repainting this bike. Original style clips would have scratched the sh** out of my nice multi hundred dollar paint job, and I was not willing to let that happen.
Hi Schwinndemonium,
I have a little trick that works really well when it comes to installing metal cable clips. I wrap blue tape around the tube, right next to where I want the clip located. I go under the cable housing about five or six wraps, giving it some cushion. I install the clip over the blue tape, then carefully slide the clip where I want it. Of course, then I remove the tape. It works when removing cable clips as well. In the case of the Op's bike, the ties are probably a better choice, because stock clips wouldn't work very well with the cable wrap.

Back