When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What in the Schwinn knock off is this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

vw_guy

Look Ma, No Hands!
I picked this up from a local salvation army scratch and sent store. I'm curious as to what it is exactly other than a schwinn clone. I have been unable to find anything substantial on the interwebs.

20190725_183912.jpg

20190725_183903.jpg

That hub is a Nankai (Japanese). The lugging on this frame, as well as the way the seat stays bolt through the seat post clamp looks a LOT like the Japanese made mystery bike I had (just sold it yesterday, so sorry I can't look it over more closely). I have no idea what it was, but it also had the Cottered cranks. It had two horizontally opposed head badge holes, and I know some Royce Unions used a badge that attached horizontally. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I think if you focus on Japanese manufacturers, you might have some luck. At least you know what yours was called :)

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 8.08.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 8.09.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 8.09.32 AM.png

That hub is a Nankai (Japanese). The lugging on this frame, as well as the way the seat stays bolt through the seat post clamp looks a LOT like the Japanese made mystery bike I had (just sold it yesterday, so sorry I can't look it over more closely). I have no idea what it was, but it also had the Cottered cranks. It had two horizontally opposed head badge holes, and I know some Royce Unions used a badge that attached horizontally. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I think if you focus on Japanese manufacturers, you might have some luck. At least you know what yours was called :)

View attachment 1036243

View attachment 1036244

View attachment 1036245
Thanks for the lead! How much did you get for it if you dont mind me asking. I am going to fix this one up and consider selling it.

No prob. I got every penny I asked, from an enthusiastic and nice buyer who drove 2 1/2 hrs round trip for it :).

I only asked $40.00 due to the cosmetics. I recouped my investment, and had fun with it. Not sure if I could have gotten more, but I can’t complain.

No prob. I got every penny I asked, from an enthusiastic and nice buyer who drove 2 1/2 hrs round trip for it :).

I only asked $40.00 due to the cosmetics. I recouped my investment, and had fun with it. Not sure if I could have gotten more, but I can’t complain.

If that's anything close to the value of this I'll certainly fix it and let me kid thrash it. Lol. I still want to know more about it if anyone knows anything. My research is leading me know where so far.

Well tires are ordered, chain guard is pretty weak.. any suggestions for replacement?

Back