When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO GET INTO THE HOBBY

-
Handle Bar has a valid reason to start this theme anew.
That other thread’s last post was in 2013.

An almost 10 year gap from that older thread and this one should exempt Handle Bar from being picked on.

Handle Bar has enthusiasm, let him ride with it.
THANK YOU SIR.. TI'S ALL GOOD......JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT INTEESTING AROUND HERE.....🤓 KEEP THE FOLW GOING FOR ALL FOR US.........................

C7513310-BD0D-4902-9F2B-C1717EE9939B.jpeg

We need to have an auto post feature, so when another redundant thread gets started, it automatically posts everybody’s posts on the subject from way back.
We could call it the way back machine.
Help Mister Wizard!

What Has Been Inspiring Me to Get Out of The Bike Hobby

Too many Snake Oil sellers like this everywhere you turn. It's gone from pretty crazy to disgustingly absurd in the last two years. I sent the seller of the seat a $20 offer. We'll see what happens. 🤣 If he accepts that still puts it over the top with that shipping price, but I do need a good pan and crash rail. That spring might clean up. Hopefully.

1669522552203.png

Edit:
Alrighty then. The seat seller just set his low on that trashed out seat. So this must be the norm today for a trashed out seat? And still a big rip in the shipping fee! LMAO

1669525722821.png

Last edited:
Had a Schwinn middleweight as my paper route bike (the Green Bay Press-Gazette) in the early to mid '70s, and liked how it rode, and how tough it was. Snow six inches deep? Fifteen below zero? That bike took it all in stride. Even when the 10 speed craze came in '74 or so, and I took a buddies new Varsity for a spin, I still preferred my middleweight. Eventually gave the bike to my kid brother. After poking around estate sales, rummage sales and junk shops in the late '80s and '90s and not finding much, I quit looking. Only after the interweb came to be, did I decide to try to find something vintage again. And here I am.

View attachment 1740044
We need to have an auto post feature, so when another redundant thread gets started, it automatically posts everybody’s posts on the subject from way back.
Help Mister Wizard!
That is the purpose of the "Is this already being discussed?" list that pops up when you type in your new thread title.

View attachment 1740044
Help Mister Wizard!
A better search feature would make a big difference, seems like unless you type the exact title letter for letter it hard to find sometime, I have trouble finding my own old threads sometimes if I don't remember the exact wording!, I guess this could go in Pet Peeves!

Back