When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a REAL girls blue Schwinn phantom worth?

-
ladies Blue Schwinn

To end on a positive note it is a beautiful bike of museum quality and is worth what the highest bidder will pay.

Ignaz?

The boy's were one year only. They made the blue girl's for several years = less rare. I'd say $1500 tops....

I know what my CABE name says under it, but, really Ignaz? They made the blue girls Phantom over several years??? I am very surprised to know that the ghost (that is what you would have to be if your name really is Ignaz Schwinn) would say they made them "several years". Oh wait, you died on August 31st, 1948 (before the girls blue Phantom was made) so maybe you are mistaken. It is to my knowledge, having studied YOUR bikes for over 25 years, that the girls Blue Phantom was made one year only....1955. MOST have serial numbers saying they were made in November to be exact. There were no exact numbers showing production amounts, but most speculate they made around 300 of them. As for the mens blue Phantom, those in the know believe it only to be a myth. The owner of this site saved a pic of one which sold on eLame a couple of summers ago which looked original but still many say it must have been an older restoration as there is no provenance showing they were actually made for sale (I attached a pic). Maybe it was a reaal one. If so....very cool! Anyways, Poolboy1 asked for a worth on his bike and that is why we are here. My humble opinion is that it is worth in the $1,500 to 2k range, but again, it depends on who is looking and who wants the queen of the postwar bike hobby in their stable. "There is an ass for every seat and it only takes two asses to want to sit in the same seat to make the price of that seat go through the roof....especially on eLame" -to quote a self proclaimed Schwinn Lord. Ignaz, maybe you are getting a case of ghost-senility in your old age....what are you now, wait....I know, 151 years old. Bottom line Poolboy1, KILLER FREAKING BIKE!!!

Attachments

• Mens Blue Phantom.jpg
    Mens Blue Phantom.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 285
While I don't consider myself an expert on any subject I have taken a special interest in the Phantoms. Regarding the girls bikes; from what I have gathered they were produced in four colors: black, red, green, and blue. They were only produced one year-1955. I have seen serial #s throughout thyear so I wouldn't call these 'Christmas' bikes. While, according to the literature, blue was supposedly only offered on the girls model I did see a boys blue one on Ebay last year that was certainly the real deal. This may have been a 'Christmas' bike but I failed to get the serial #. Lastly I believe a member sold one of these on here last year-wasn't as nice but I think it went for around 1k. I have never seen any verifiable info regarding the quantity produced of any colors of Phantoms. I have heard the '50 blue boys' bike rumor and have made attempts to see the Schwinn archives but was not successful. v/r Shawn

he wants to know what the bike is worth.to tell you the truth try $5000.is about right for that bike.everybody wants something for nothing.if you were offered $4500 for it i would take it.

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated....

J.C. said:
I know what my CABE name says under it, but, really Ignaz? They made the blue girls Phantom over several years??? I am very surprised to know that the ghost (that is what you would have to be if your name really is Ignaz Schwinn) would say they made them "several years". Oh wait, you died on August 31st, 1948 (before the girls blue Phantom was made) so maybe you are mistaken. It is to my knowledge, having studied YOUR bikes for over 25 years, that the girls Blue Phantom was made one year only....1955. MOST have serial numbers saying they were made in November to be exact. There were no exact numbers showing production amounts, but most speculate they made around 300 of them. As for the mens blue Phantom, those in the know believe it only to be a myth. The owner of this site saved a pic of one which sold on eLame a couple of summers ago which looked original but still many say it must have been an older restoration as there is no provenance showing they were actually made for sale (I attached a pic). Maybe it was a reaal one. If so....very cool! Anyways, Poolboy1 asked for a worth on his bike and that is why we are here. My humble opinion is that it is worth in the $1,500 to 2k range, but again, it depends on who is looking and who wants the queen of the postwar bike hobby in their stable. "There is an ass for every seat and it only takes two asses to want to sit in the same seat to make the price of that seat go through the roof....especially on eLame" -to quote a self proclaimed Schwinn Lord. Ignaz, maybe you are getting a case of ghost-senility in your old age....what are you now, wait....I know, 151 years old. Bottom line Poolboy1, KILLER FREAKING BIKE!!!

Wait,what?!?! Why the attitude? Maybe I am dead, but it WAS my understanding they made 50 Blue Phantoms for the boys in 1955 and made around 300 for the girls in 1954 and 1955. The girls appear in the 1955 catalog only, with no mention of blue available for boys at any time. This is the first time I've ever chimed in on the subject and I'm open to being corrected constructively as poolboy1 was able to do. I did value the bike at around $1500, as he had asked.... I bet my wife wishes I had that kind of cash for it, if it were for sale.

I have seen 2 girls Phantoms, both were blue, I see somebody riding one around Dearborn Michigan somtimes,,blue.

4500 for a girls Phantom,,lol right. Girls bikes always go for much less and the value of Schwinn Heavy weights have been plunging faster than house prices.

Just to keep the legend going I will repeat it for fun lol They didnt make blue boys Phantoms, but President Eisenhower wanted one for his son and Schwinn accommodated him and ran 50.

It is worth about $1,500, period. If you want to test the market, list it on eBay, see what the market brings. I'd be willing to bet it ends withing $100 +/- of $1500.

BLUE lady

You want $1500 I will take it cause I know if I get sick of it I can make at LEAST $500. Email me your paypal address and its yours.
Schwinn is one of the brands that you can easily find the common stuff like Phantoms, B6's, Motorbikes,Krates of any sort, Even 63 stingrays. BUT to find something that is so rare that one shows up on ebay every few years...well the sky is the limit. I hear claims of numbers of production and that ladies bikes are not as sought after but you cant loose sight of a few things, one it is georgeous, two that it is real rare, third that its a schwinn which is the most collectable brand of bicycle in the world and forth which is the most important it might be available. So, before collectors rely on conventional wisdom, they need to ask when will be the next time you will have a chance at another one. One? Two? Five? Ten? 20 Years? Ever again? With that being said anything under $2500 is too low. How many repop Phantoms are around? At $1500 each your bike should be worth a fortune.

I think it is funny that someone is so confident in their opinion that they have a exact price that it will sell for and that is it... Period! I just asked for a window of worth just in case i wanted to sell it.

Back