When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a reasonable way to ship a bicycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-
Why does this box remind me of Bonnie and Clyde's car?

1711042886784.png

Good alternative is get a box fron bike shop,or buy one new on ebay,ger a few padded bubble wrap sheets, remove pedals,and zip tie them to lower bike chain,or box them. Remove handlbars, wrap it in bubble whap and place in bottom of box, use lots of packing papers (I save all mine) or use newspapers, stuff the box so nothing moves around, most businesses use FedEx to ship.

Here are 5 shippers that have hauled bikes for me. No boxing required.

[email protected]
Marvel Auto Transport 414 Fayetteville St Raleigh, NC 27601-1793 USA
833-627-8351

Uship driver ,Nicholas Saenz 509-412-9098

CCC Transport-John Corlan-920-450-5027-Appleton, Wi. 54911- Really Good Nationwide.

Family Carrier-Daniel Sanchez, [email protected] 914-299-4658,
Good guy !

Passport Transport- Neil Pitt-Maryland Heights, Mo. [email protected]

Good luck !

The threshold before it notches up in price is approx. 50x10x30. That size or smaller is generally about $80 or less all around the country (at least on the last two shipments). Once you go above that it more than doubles to $180+. If the item and parts need to go in a bigger box it is cheaper just to send two boxes.

Always ship via bikeflights or shipbikes (better prices and easier to deal with issues through them than straight through the shipper). My experience with bikeflights in the past is you put in a claim, show pics and they quickly send money back to your paypal. Shipbikes was a little more back and forth but they have decent customer service.
Your right but that cost is to small it's about 200 here and if it's 1/2 over it gets expensive add insurance and bye bye money. Best to pack it as tight and secure as possible.. bike flights has poor insurance and is a pain.. UPS is nuts they don't insure it's expensive to do so USPS insure up to 5000.. The key is to measure and pack it under the requirements.. too save money I use USPS because they insure and I can pack it tight after so many bikes..lol

Back