When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it!? Just got offered this for $25....

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Miguello

Look Ma, No Hands!
This guy on the local craigslist responded to my ad looking for a single speed schwinn balloon tire. He says he has a pretty rough late 50's schwinn, so start to ask particulars. I get this pic, and it has me stumped(which is not difficult, lol) What the heck is it? Probably the most asked question here, eh? Looks pretty solid, and probably a late forties to mid fifties, but not a Schwinn that I've ever seen. Huffman/Dayton, Roadmaster?

bluefrankenstein.gif

The only thing I noticed about the rocket, was the fender stuck out a bit further in front. I was looking through nostalgic, about to fall asleep, when I came across the rocket. Extremely similar. So it's worth the $25 probably;) I will arrange to pick it up Sunday if I can. It's a ways away from me. Thanks for the help!!:D

http://nostalgic.net/arc/bicycles/1950's%20Monark%20Rocket.jpg

And here's a 57 Monark Deluxe. Still very close, but the fender stills hangs out further, and has a forward brace.

Attachments

• 1957 Monark.jpg
    1957 Monark.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Back