When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is it?!- tricycle found at garage sale

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

khemo

On Training Wheels
i found this trike at a garage sale. i've got a newfound love for refurbishing stuff and want to fix this up for my nephew. i've got the sanding/painting down, but it will need new tires.
who made it?
and does it matter?
i went thru tricyclefetish.com and looked at every brand they had listed- i think it may be an AMF, but the seat is further back than any trike shown online anywhere. and the frame looks longer with a more gradual slope.
is it possible it could have been frankensteined together? like it's got an AMF step in back, but a home made frame and radio flyer handlebars?
can i order the wheels off of radio flyer's website for it? it looks like they attach the same.
thank you
trike.jpg
trike step.jpg
trike front.jpg

I believe you are correct. The basic tricycle is an AMF Roadmaster. We bought the identical trike for our daughter brand new back around 1987/88 and still have it. I believe you are also correct about the handlebar being replaced and frame having been altered. The smaller wheels come up on ebay a lot as NOS trike items.

Dave

thank you.
i don't think the handlebars were replaced- but can i just order the tires from radio flyer and they will fit? like i said, i think they are assembled the same- i'm not spending $40+ on tires for a kids tricycle.

Back