When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it ?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
They show up here,ebay etc. I have a couple extra myself. You also need the attaching shouldered bolts & nuts. If you can't find originals, I believe John is still making them. Does the rear fender have holes to accommodate a dropstand clip?

Will shoot ya a photo
image_zps4ab8a979-1.jpg

Last edited:
Any help on serial number ? Anyone know what color options were available ? Is that light green a factory color ?

The grips say western flyer - think they were added later ? They look like a later style to me

Last edited:
Crank looks the same - was this a common crank on CWC bikes ? - the headbadge pattern on my head tube doesn't match the bike in your link - but most other items look the same - was there any mounting tabs for a tank that I should look for ?

Last edited:
After careful consideration I do believe this bicycle is going to be saved - I'm not up on "prewar etiquette" so I'm not sure how to proceed with 'da Savin' LOL - the green rustoleum paints gotta come off , but not sure how to tackle that - I had a heck of a time getting it off the crank to get to the serial number - obviously the tires are junk and Need to go - and the handlebars have no finish left whatsoever - the grips I am unsure of - are they vintage ? Don't know - spokes are rather rusty , but all in tact - best to replace them ??

Ok How to "Eat a Elephant"...1 bite at a time....Start with what you know. Figure out what you want it to look like when you're done; tear into it; have fun. You can look for a badge while you work on paint-prep. Keep us posted. You can post a wanted to buy list for the parts you know you want.
Show progress pics please. Enjoy it!

Experiment with paint removal. I've used heavy duty oven cleaner with good results removing rattle can paint. Goof Off or paint stripper are other options. Try it on a small area first to test the results. If the spokes are all there and the wheels are fairly true, don't spend money on new spokes if you are just making a rider. Unless you can do all the prep/paint/ restoration work yourself, I wouldn't put a lot of money into it. Start a thread and have fun with it.

Last edited:
Back