When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is my 50's Western Flyer worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

danalh

On Training Wheels
Thanks for reading and helping me out. I've got a 1950's (pretty sure 1952) Western Flyer that I would like to sell. I've done my share of research and have come up with nothing except the price for one just like mine on ebay, fully restored. Mine is not restored but is all original as far as I can tell.

Tires hold air and all looks in good-very good shape for this beauty. Any ideas on how much can I sell this for? Thanks!
Dana
20180626_103106.jpg
20180626_103134.jpg

20180626_103337.jpg

20180626_103320.jpg

20180626_103250.jpg

20180626_103219.jpg

20180626_103144.jpg

20180626_103236.jpg

It’s a reproduction of a ‘50s Western Flyer bicycle.
In the 1980s, these bikes sold for $400 in the carton.
The company did not create an exact reproduction of a specific Western Flyer
but rather it was their version of what a 1950s bike should looked like.

The movie "Radio Flyer” (1992) features this bicycle in the opening scenes.
Bike was available in different colors.
It’s foreign-made, the components will not last like the originals made in the USA.
rh8pz4.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all who responded! So, what it sounds like from the responses is that this bike is not an original, rather a reproduction? If I am correct, I'm curious how that is known? Thanks again.

Thanks to all who responded! So, what it sounds like from the responses is that this bike is not an original, rather a reproduction? If I am correct, I'm curious how that is known? Thanks again.

The bike is an original reproduction modeled after the 1950's Western Flyer. First giveaway at a quick glance of a bike being newer is reflectors in the pedals and on the stem. The sales information the seller supplied in that eBay link I posted leaves no doubt.

What you have is a "fun" bike. Enjoy it, but do not look at Ebay prices as a guide to what yours is worth. The folks that have commented above, know the older bikes inside out and would not steer you wrong. Your bike is similar to the originals, but a completely different quality and easily identified as such. The chumps that overpay for these bikes listed on the internet are not regulars on the CABE. If I was selling your bike, 150 bucks would be the"asking" price. Ride it and enjoy it,:) most everyone will believe you have an old bike. We won't tell.:)

Back