When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is my bike worth?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
well thanks for the help i will probably just put it for cheap on ebay.

Post it here, you can post it for free in the complete bikes section, and as long as you are willing to ship it will probably go very quickly, if you don't want to ship there are likely several Cabers around you that will buy it and pick it up or pick it up to ship it for another Caber, personally if it was my grandfather's bike I would clean off the house paint find a chaingaurd and keep it and cherish it as an heirloom, that's just me I am very sentimental

Aaron

Post it here, you can post it for free in the complete bikes section, and as long as you are willing to ship it will probably go very quickly, if you don't want to ship there are likely several Cabers around you that will buy it and pick it up or pick it up to ship it for another Caber, personally if it was my grandfather's bike I would clean off the house paint find a chaingaurd and keep it and cherish it as an heirloom, that's just me I am very sentimental

Aaron
yea i started thinking about restoring it to original colors and keeping it my grandfather wanted it out of his garage though so we through it into a storage unit and its been there for 3 years collecting dust.

Go to the bottom of the forums and go thru "The Workshop" and "Bicycle Restoration Tips" there are a lot of good preservation threads, rust removal and the dreaded house paint removal threads, it's been done over and over and there are a lot of great tricks and chemicals to help remove old paint and you may even be surprised to find some beautiful original paint underneath the house paint, just because it has no monetary value doesn't mean it cant have sentimental value, clean that baby up, hunt down the correct parts, clean the house paint off, you can only add to the value by doing that, and you have a sense of pride in yourself by doing the work and preserving a piece of your family in doing so, and when your done ride it to your grandfather and I'll be he has several good stories and memories that him and that bike have been in and he would love to relive them with you! Just my 2 cents

Aaron

Watch the use of "Restoring" around here too, because unless it goes thru the same painting & plating processes and has the same equipment it left the factory with, its technically not restored, it may be refurbished or redone, but very few bikes are actually restored the correct way, I would clean it and service it, find what it's missing and bring it back to an original state, original is its glory, its weathered aloft seen a lot and has a story to tell if you bring it to light! Again my 2 cents, but just BE WARNED!!! Once you start on this bike cleaning and finding parts, you may find yourself at Flea Markets, Peddlers Malls and Antique Shops looking for old bikes and parts, because once you have been bitten with the bug......It never just stops at one bike!

Aaron

Cool, your grandfather's bike. Lube it up, tune it up, and ride it, pass it on to your grandchildren when the time is right.

If it was my Grandfathers bike, I would bring it back to original and ride the hell out of it then pass it to one of my kids

Back