When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the best kind of paint to use for a patina match finish?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikewhorder

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Hello I'm trying to repart a Berkshire Blue Columbia and I need to paint match a couple parts. I want to recreate that super thin almost milk paint like finish of the original paint. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to begin? I know I can't just go to the hardware store and buy some Krylon and expect any kind of success. @Velocipedist Co. @MrColumbia

Can't you find any original paint parts that match?
Nope. I'm looking for this guard specifically, the one you offered is Brewster green I believe. But thanks!
gaurd.jpg
c guards.jpg

Nope. I'm looking for this guard specifically, the one you offered is Brewster green I believe. But thanks! View attachment 938371View attachment 938372
Hello I'm trying to repart a Berkshire Blue Columbia and I need to paint match a couple parts. I want to recreate that super thin almost milk paint like finish of the original paint. Does anybody have any suggestions on where to begin? I know I can't just go to the hardware store and buy some Krylon and expect any kind of success. @Velocipedist Co. @MrColumbia

This bike was originally painted with Dupont Dulux Enamel which is no longer available.
Rustoleum out of a can (its oil based paint!) cut with 30% mineral spirits rolled on in multiple coats and sanded with six hundred grit between, then baked at one fifty degrees should work fine.
Add a bit of white to blue and it will lighten up...

Take the bike to auto paint shop they will
give you the color code for that paint.

Back