When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the correct Springer for Female Monark Rocket

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have owned mostly post war and the women's to men's parts are mostly not a interchangeable fit
Looking for a men's Super cruiser..just can't get them out of my system

Go back and look at my post #2. I put a girls springer on a boys frame no problem. Both post war. Gary

Except for tank, seat, and pedals I would think most parts are interchangeable e.g. fenders, rack, guard, and hardware to include all bearings. V/r Shawn

Here is an original girls Rocket I passed up recently. Headlight is incorrect but the rest is original.

Go back and look at my post
I believe that the question about fit might have referred to the later springer design; not sure which Monark springer design (older versus newer) would be correct for a 1953 Monark.
Was the girls and boys springer different sizes and lengths?
The head tube on your bike (1st picture) is fairly long (~7”?). It might work with forks that have a longer steering tube. The head tube on the other boys bike (2nd post) is fairly normal in length.

Since you already have the girls bike, you need not be too concerned about cutting down a fork to fit; (generally forks can not be stretched to fit).

If selling the girls Snyder springer fork, then the buyer would have an easier project in making a cut-down fork fit a boys bicycle, (than if it were a later Monark springer fork).

Last edited:
There were 3 main styles of forks that came on the post war Monark Rocket framed bikes from that era. The strut rod version, the standard double spring fork, and the single spring fork. The men's fork tube is approximately 1 inch shorter than the women's fork and will not work on a women's frame. Both men's & women's forks used the same size springs but the women's version had a spacer to compensate for the extra length. The spring spacer makes it easy to tell the difference if the fork is off the bike. I have, or have had 27 Monark Rockets, most of the 1953 rockets I've had came with the single spring fork, but I have had a couple with the strut, and double spring versions, so any of the 3 would be correct for your bike.

I should also note that Monark came out with the knee action springer fork on their Super Deluxe models in '53, But I have never seen that fork on a Rocket frame bike.

Hope this helps!

There were 3 main styles of forks that came on the post war Monark Rocket framed bikes from that era. The strut rod version, the standard double spring fork, and the single spring fork. The men's fork tube is approximately 1 inch shorter than the women's fork and will not work on a women's frame. Both men's & women's forks used the same size springs but the women's version had a spacer to compensate for the extra length. The spring spacer makes it easy to tell the difference if the fork is off the bike. I have, or have had 27 Monark Rockets, most of the 1953 rockets I've had came with the single spring fork, but I have had a couple with the strut, and double spring versions, so any of the 3 would be correct for your bike.

I should also note that Monark came out with the knee action springer fork on their Super Deluxe models in '53, But I have never seen that fork on a Rocket frame bike.

Hope this helps!

View attachment 1487083

View attachment 1487084

View attachment 1487085

View attachment 1487086

View attachment 1487087

View attachment 1487088
Thanks for the photos. As long as I find a springer with the spacers, we should be good.

Back