When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the Cowling around Seat Neck supposed to look like on an Elgin Miss America?

-

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi fellow collectors, I just bought a 1935 Elgin Miss America. After putting the body housing over the frame and getting it put together, I notice a big hole where the seat post comes through the opening of the body cowling and it looks like some sort of cap belongs there and it should face down. Looking at photos on Google Images hasn't helped, because no one has posted a closeup of that area. The top of the body cowling on mine has a 1/2" exterior lip all the way around it that has untouched paint (suggesting there was a cap there at one time), whereas the rest of the body cowling is scratched and in need of restoration. That 1/2" undisturbed lip makes me think something used to be there and belongs on top of the housing so you cannot see down through the housing into the frame etc. Anyone know what is correct, and do you have any photots? You can email me at [email protected] too. I check that a few times a day.
Thanks for any help, Mike

Back