When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Is The Crustiest Bike You've Bought?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I restored this bike but I did like it a lot the way it was when I first got it. I get it why so many of you cherish your old rusty steel. Nothing matches that feeling of nostalgia from something weathered, old and unchanged from original.
001 (3).JPG

I guess this is the crusty-ist I've gotten, albeit I have a girl 48 Schwinn I bought that had sat in a field for several years I don't have before photos of. regardless this is before and after a few hours cleaning, and before I cleaned the rims (last photo) too.
1955-Deluxe-Horent-1st-clea.jpg

before-after-s-2-rims.jpg

This has to be the most complete & crustiest bike I have ever bought.
21czdh.jpg

But when it comes to an Iver Johnson....I didn’t “hem & haw” otherwise
it would’ve been gone faster than a speeding bullet! :D
Always dug this bike. Love those colors!

Bought this one locally from a fellow CABE member. It's is probably the crustiest one that I ever bought. Just fished it out of the back of my shed for this photo. Steering is frozen, and I assume the whole bike is going to fight me every step of the way as I attempt to bring it back to life this next winter.

IMG_4100.JPG

Bought this one locally from a fellow CABE member. It's is probably the crustiest one that I ever bought. Just fished it out of the back of my shed for this photo. Steering is frozen, and I assume the whole bike is going to fight me every step of the way as I attempt to bring it back to life this next winter.

View attachment 322764
Dave,I have to ask.What ever possessed you to buy that??

Back