When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the latest year auto cycle?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Billythekid

I live for the CABE
So would most concider my 1947 schwinn a auto cycle ? I always thought prewar cantilever drop tank was a autocycle but I guess I’m wrong according to the catalog . So I’m wondering what other cabers thought ?? Feel free to post pics explaining

1EBABFD0-6A0D-456D-B32D-4E2F367DB605.jpeg

Pre & post war straight bars were also sold as Autocycles!, seems like the name dropped away after 50 kinda replaced by the Phantom as the top of the line.
1614196107020.png

Last edited:
That’s what I gathered the phantom replaced it b607 I love the blue on blue it’s second to the green on green on my list of favorite colors

That’s what I gathered the phantom replaced it b607 I love the blue on blue it’s second to the green on green on my list of favorite colors
The replacement for the B6 was the Streamliner which appeared in the 1954 model year.

The Streamliner was Schwinn's way of cost cutting. Gone were the fenderlight,
leather seat, 6 hole rack, and dart style paint scheme. The Rocketray was used for the headlight. The rack was the less expensive D style. The seat was covered in vinyl. The new paint scheme didn't require pinstriping. Also, the skiptooth
chain was used on some. This is a picture of one I used to own.
rt_2018_05_04_1_cmx0bXM6Ly9ldmVudC8xNTI1NDQzMTU2MDAw.jpg

1953 was the last year for the B-6 model and it was named Streamliner that year. In 1952 the B-6 was called Autocycle so that was the last year Autocycle was used. The 1954 Streamliner was given the model number D-16.

Back