When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the Rarest Phantom?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Getting back to the original topic, relative rarity of Phantoms. The '54 Reds and Greens are interesting. First year of the Opalescent on Phantoms, last year for the old-style locking sprig fork, so a neat intersect of paint and parts.

Not nearly as rare as the Blue, but still neat.

Cheers, Geoff

I have this Green Phantom. Needs fenders. The fenders are straight. but the chrome is ruff.

phantom.jpg

This is the same as my bike, mine is repainted red, but has that brake arm, 105 spoked front wheel with a drum brake, on an S2 rim, i need the 105 spoked rear wheel.

it's blue not a Phantom ... not an expert, but doesn't gap tooth indicate 40's, predating a Phantom?
key lock springer front end and other details very similar to a Phantom.
again not an expert, but sure looks in original un-molested condition.

note cut-out on left side of fender and rear brake lever arm transferring braking forces near bottom bracket.
this bike appears to have features allowing mounting an engine.

Serial # D 33422 (1948?) please help identify ...
http://www.angelfire.com/rant/allday101/SchwinnCodes2.html

DSC08320-1.jpg

DSC08322-1.jpg

DSC08324-1.jpg

DSC08327-1.jpg

DSC08328-1.jpg

DSC08330-1.jpg

DSC08331-1.jpg

Rarest Phantom

I guess, it would all depend on what era you look at. About 1869-1871 there was also a bike produced that was called a Phantom.This would be during the transitional period, from velocoped to high wheel or "Penny Farthing". This would mean that it might be rarer, when compared to the more widely known Schwinn Phantoms. I would have to say that of the Schwinn Phantoms, my choice wuold be red as well, though.

My 59 and 55 Red Phantoms

These are my two red phantoms, all original, same color , four years apart

000_2910.JPG

000_3090.JPG

Back