When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this a firestone gto??? Please help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The GTO decal or sticker on the head tube is not for the bike, probably from a Pontiac GTO.

Maybe your frame was made by Westfield for Pontiac, and was a very rare and little known promotional item for the introduction of the GTO!!o_O

****CAUTION**** Watch your tire clearance!!

Looks exactly like my 55 Westfield frame.

I agree it's a post-war to early 1960's Westfiled/Columbia frame, these were made in balloon tire and middleweight sizes. Looking at your tire clearance I would guess you have a middleweight frame. Measure the overall frame width at the outside tops of the wishbone legs with the edge of your measuring tape resting on the tire. A balloon tire frame measures 4.5" at this point. Less would point toward the middleweight. Doing a similar measurement at the fork legs should be 3 7/8" for a balllon tire fork, less again would point towards a middleweight.

PS BTSP (Being taken seriously points) are given here for spelling and well thought out questions and replies. I suspect you've rubbed Freqman1 the wrong way and he's one of the most illustrious members of this site.

Last edited:
Maybe your frame was made by Westfield for Pontiac, and was a very rare and little known promotional item for the introduction of the GTO!!o_O

Now that's just crazy talk .. LOL - I am kidding of course

Many kids put decals - stickers - etc on their bicycles - it was their bike after all -

This seems to be the case with this bike - It doesn't hurt to ask as you are BUT this bicycle is mostly missing EVERYTHING it came with originally - found & re-purposed with one of those Chinese motor kits - and parts they had or found

Don't over think this & don't take it the wrong way - just because it is a decal that is recognized

I have a old 7-up decal on a prewar Schwinn - it doesn't make it a 7-up promotional bike - It makes it a bicycle with a 7-up decal

Last edited:
It has the rivets for the headbadge. The GTO decal looks like a water slide or something. The frame and sprocket looks to be a 1960s Columbia. Pretty much all the other parts are added. (Not my picture)
image.jpeg

Back