When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this bike. Rare,common, junk. info

-
Here ya go not sure those rims are the correct as a friend years ago was taking parts off it. The gooseneck is not correct either. But here are the possible rims to it. And check out the front sprocket.View attachment 1079875

View attachment 1079876

View attachment 1079878

View attachment 1079879

View attachment 1079880

View attachment 1079881

View attachment 1079882

View attachment 1079883

View attachment 1079884

View attachment 1079885
Your rear hub does look like it may be a Sturmey-Archer. Clean some of the dirt off it and you should be able to find the "Sturmey-Archer" logo, as well as a date code and model type. The three speed AW is the most common type, but if yours is a 5 speed, it will be marked S5 (I may need to double check that, but I think that's right). The 5 speeds had cables to both ends of the axle, the AW only had one on the right. I can't see enough of the chain wheel to tell anything by it.

Hi. I cant seem to find anything about this bike. Checkout the Badge? PremiumView attachment 1079823 and is that an Olympic logo? Any knowledge would be great . thank you and have a great day. JimView attachment 1079825View attachment 1079823

View attachment 1079824

View attachment 1079825

View attachment 1079823
:)View attachment 1079826
View attachment 1079824

View attachment 1079825

View attachment 1079824
Hard to determine what it is. I'm thinking English or Maybe Italian? Good luck with your search. Razin.

One thing to consider is the sincerity of the replies by site members. These guys have been around the block and know what it's like getting a "deal" that winds up being a valueless pain in the butt. When you ask for and get a opinion on this site, consider it valuable information !

-----

The head plate is the giveaway here.

"Premium" is the same as the Azuki & Jewel badges owned by Howie Cohen of West Coast Cycle Supply (WCCS) Co. in California. Manufacturers for the WCCS bicycles contract built in Japan were Kawamura & Kuwahara. Date of cycle is near to 1970 - probably very late 1960's.

It is quite common for cycle manufacturers and distributors to offer the same product lines under more than one name. In this way they can pack more product into a given market.

Quality/value: note the frame's bulge-formed head by Nikko Sankyo and its spot welded dropouts. This is the very bottom.

Here are some close cousin head emblems -

Azuki headplate .jpg

Azuki headplate b)  .jpg

American Flyer Jewel headplate  .jpg

Azuki brochure from WCCS -

Azuki Brochure  .jpg

WCCS trade publication advert of 1971 -

West_Coast_Cycle_Advertisement_1971 .jpg

Howie Cohen passed away some years ago. The family maintains a retrospective web site about the business and its many associations here -

https://www.proteanpaper.com/scart_about.cgi?comp=howiebik

There is a wikipedia entry on the company and its history located here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nishiki_(bicycle_company)

----

-----

Our latest software update seems to have eliminated the "edit" option.

A small addendum -

Note the cluster of five shapes at the top of the Jewel head emblem posted above. The International Olympic Committee is most aggressive about policing the olympic rings symbol. Its use is legally protected. The Olympic Rings on the Premium head emblem were probably only in use a short time before they evolved to the shapes seen on the Jewel emblem above.

-----

I agree - looks like a Japanese frame to me, so probably a low-cost Japanese clone of an English bike. Could be a Shimano rear hub(?). Hard to tell the hub from the pictures, but probably a basic internal gear hub. The Sturmey is better than the Shimano, at least the vintage ones. But they're both workable hubs. It's a budget, general purpose bike. It's not especially old - late 60s or 1970s vintage probably.

Back