When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this bike. Rare,common, junk. info

-
Id
Well, you have a ladies bike with what looks like a Columbia/Western Flyer like chainguard, the symbol above 5 on the seat tube is 'atomic'...I'd say early 50s...except for the indexed shifting...rain guitter venders.

What brand is the derailleur? The shift lever might have some indication.

The crank looks solid though. I'm not an expert on those however.

The optimist in me likes to believe I've seen worse.

What is the price for this?
I would take 100.00thanks for all the knowledge and time on this bike. The good news of it all is It was free and its a 5 speed Stermey and Archer Hub. Some nice chrome pieces. And pretty cool fenders. Rims are in good shape. So thank you again. I feel much better about parting it out. Thank you Jim

-----

Expect steerer and stem to be .833 size.

Bottom bracket shell likely 71mm in width.

Serial probably on right side of seat tube.

Kuwahara and some other Japan producers employ this placement.

Chainset looks to be Takagi (Three Arrows).

A marking on the inner face of the left arm is just visible here -

Takagi (Three Arrows) crank arm marking .jpg

Takagi, 1971 trade publication ad  .jpg

---

Machine's brakeset is likely either Cherry or Yoshikawa. You may discover a marking on the backside of the caliper arms. Cherry symbol is a five-petaled flower and Yoshikawa is a small fish.

-----

That's interesting that it's a Sturmey 5-speed. Those are a good hub and do have some value, especially if the non-drive side bell crank is intact (the bell crank is a rare, expensive part to replace).

the Atomic logo and kick stand is stuff Sears used to use, but it would have a Sears badge then...?

Back