When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this bike? Schwinn? Confirmed!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Below is an Old Milwaulkee ad for Admiral bicycles that look like A&S built.

The 1920's Motor Bike pictured above appears to have the 4-shamrock chain ring sprocket, similar to one pictured below.

Nice A&S Admiral, GLWTS!

These older bikes have had long lives. Paint, whitewashed-looking, does not match.(fork/frame) Didn't most early schwinn's have asc forks? Badge outline is not really same badge-to-headtube. Crankset is not schwinn, stem bars and wheel changed out. Seatpost patina very different. Chain adjusters look like Shelby as does the fork truss. Is there a weld weep-hole on the bottom of the lower top bar where it meets the head tube?

These older bikes have had long lives. Paint, whitewashed-looking, does not match.(fork/frame) Didn't most early schwinn's have asc forks? Badge outline is not really same badge-to-headtube. Crankset is not schwinn, stem bars and wheel changed out. Seatpost patina very different. Chain adjusters look like Shelby as does the fork truss. Is there a weld weep-hole on the bottom of the lower top bar where it meets the head tube?
what does "weld weep-hole" mean?

yes, it had a long life .... anything could have been switched or replaced
but it sure looks like it's been whole for a long while

Sorry. A small 3/32" hole that allowed gasses to escape during welding/brazing. Most of my old shelby's have this weep hole. Bottom front lower top tube.

for sale in the for sale section
USD$600 + actual shipping from Canada ***tank not included***
bike is very heavy so it will likely cost over $250 to ship

Ok I'm confused. The bike in the classifieds appears to be a different bike, with an IGH and a shifter, and is not advertised as a Schwinn. None of the pictures in either thread show a tank. What bike are we discussing?

EDIT: Never mind, the other ad just surfaced. Good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Did not intend to cause trouble, but this bike is a SHELBY!!!!! I am going out on a limb to say this but I am now quite sure about it after seeing this offering below on the E-pay site. Sometimes, un-abused bikes show up there and some appear original.
I believe that this particular fork (that I have seen here questioned) is pre or early 30's Shelby. With the big-tank moto frame..... Shelby!

1611082149163.png

I will try to find the link.... ok here it is!!
1933 34 35 Shelby Bicycle Motor Bike | eBay

Last edited:
looks pretty close
thanks

if only we could modify a post and title on this site .... I would update the title

Back